Golden View Classical Academy
|Address:||601 Corporate Circle|
|Principal:||Dr. Robert Garrow|
|Hours||7:40am – 3:00pm|
|Grades Served:||Kindergarten – 12th Grade|
Preschool and Kindergarten
- Preschool Program? No
- Full Day Kindergarten? No
- Half-Day Kindergarten? Yes, morning and afternoon
Sources of School Pride
- Golden View Classical Academy offers a classical, liberal arts, Core Knowledge academic program with a focus on the development of good character and civic virtue. Riggs phonics and Singapore math are foundational building blocks for our students.
- The well-rounded curriculum will prepare your child to flourish and lead an independent and productive life in our free society.
- The school has a partnership with the Hillsdale College Barney Charter School Initiative.
Golden View Classical Academy is modeled after the most successful classical and liberal arts schools in Colorado. Golden View Classical Academy offers a robust and traditional liberal arts and sciences curriculum, to include literature, history, science, math, art, music, and physical education. The school is committed to building a community of excellence, both academically and personally, and supports the philosophy of students pursuing knowledge for its own sake to seek truth, beauty, and goodness.
In the elementary school, students are taught to read using Riggs, an explicit phonics program with a focus on grammar and spelling, along with cursive handwriting, the Core Knowledge sequence and Singapore math. An early exposure to Latin and Greek roots is followed by a formal Latin sequence in grades 6-9 in order to enhance the student’s vocabulary, spelling, and command of the English language.
In the upper grades, instruction includes a course in rhetoric, extensive use of primary source documents, Socratic seminar, and the study of classical literature that has withstood the test of time. Golden View Classical Academy also includes a special focus on Western Civilization, US History, and the principles of America’s model of government and free-market economic system and entrepreneurship.
The school emphasizes culture with high expectations of all students and has a school uniform.